My very first proof-of-concept for the claw machine ran on servos. The current claw machine uses stepper motors and for the longest time I wanted to use these leftover servo motors in a project. A
vending machine seemed like a good idea to match the mini arcades...
Honestly I was just messing around with this project, as usual I got carried away/serious about it. If there is an interest in this. I will make more.
- Will it fit ____ Coin? Coin slot size is 1.05 x 0.08 inches. The coin slot fits US quarts, but it is slightly oversized to avoid
tolerance problems with the US quarter..
- How big is the vending machine? 9.25 x 10.25 x 7 inches ( W x H x D)
- Will it fit all Nokia 5110 LCDs? I don't know, but the cut out for the screen is 1.348 x 1.615 inches.
Parts you will need to build this:
- x4 Continuous rotation servo motors
- x20 #6x0.75inch machine screws+nuts (what holds the body together)
- x16 #6x0.5inch machine screws for fastening the servo and window panels to the frame
- x4 16mm diameter pushbuttons
- Nokia 5110 LCD (optional) + hardware to mount it
- Arduino compatible or similar micro controller (requires 4 PWM pins)
- LED strip lights (optional)
- Sacrifical wire hangers
- misc wires
- misc electronic stuff
Two options are available:
- Shell Kit w/ (qty20) #6-32 x 3/4inch nuts and bolts). The very miniumum hardware to hold the shell together.
- Shell Kit w/ aforementioned hardware and a Nokia 5110 LCD
Sept 2016 update: The internet has taken a liking to this kit so I made some changes: The wood you will receive is maple plywood (the good stuff), which is what the Porta Pi Arcade is cut from. Is
also the same wood shown in the Venduino assembly video. I also made some aesthetic changes to the front facing panel- the top and bottom now have a clean straight cut. CAD model represents what
you are purchasing.